Luxury Rehab in Amarillo, TX
Amarillo is also known as “the yellow rose of Texas.” The seat of Potter County is in the Lone Star state’s panhandle.
It’s an area (like many others) that has been affected by drug and alcohol abuse. In 2021 the city ranked second statewide for having the most fatalities and serious injury accidents due to alcohol abuse, a title it’s held for three years. For the first eight months of 2021, 28% of all traffic fatalities included alcohol. The Texas Department of Transportation reported there were 225 DUI crashes in 2020. They resulted in six deaths and 26 serious injuries. Amarillo has the highest rate of alcohol-linked driving fatalities compared to other Texas cities of similar size.
There have been some major drug arrests around Amarillo in recent years, with street values per bust sometimes exceeding $250,000. Huge quantities of methamphetamine, cocaine, fentanyl, psilocybin edibles, and cannabis have been seized.
It mirrors a nationwide problem. From April 2020 to April 2021, 100,000 Americans died from drug overdoses. That’s a 30% increase from the previous year. Fentanyl, a potent synthetic opioid, is behind an increasing number of those fatalities. For Americans ages 18 to 45, in fact, fentanyl is the top cause of death.
Those kinds of statistics point to a real problem, one that, for some, will require expert assistance. Luxury addiction rehab centers in Amarillo, TX, are equipped to help people struggling with substance use disorders.
Luxury Rehabs in Amarillo, TX
To a large extent, addiction treatment — when it incorporates evidence-based therapies — follows a fairly reliable path. The differences will be in the details. For example, one patient might need help for alcohol addiction, for example, while another needs care for an opioid use disorder and a co-occurring anxiety disorder, so the treatment approaches might vary slightly.
Things will depend on the rehab center itself, too. Some centers might offer a more basic setting, while others have more luxuries to offer.
First, let’s look at what a person can expect out of substance abuse treatment. When someone checks in to a luxury alcohol and drug treatment center in Amarillo, TX, they can expect the following:
- Assessment: Clients will be screened to diagnose their mental and physical health, so a treatment program can be devised.
- Detox: Not everyone needs detox, but it’s a critical step for those who do. The goal is to get the patient free of drugs and/or alcohol and to help manage any withdrawal symptoms. (Depending on the substances a person is addicted to, medically assisted detox may be very necessary for patient comfort and safety.)
- Treatment includes psychotherapies (like cognitive-behavioral therapy) and support group meetings. Some centers also offer courses to help patients learn stress relief (via holistic treatments like meditation or yoga, for example) or relearn day-to-day skills and responsibilities (like paying the mortgage). The goal is to help the patient understand what led to their addiction and develop ways they can carry on without resorting to drugs or alcohol.
- Aftercare: Recovery is a process, and one’s journey doesn’t end the moment one checks out of rehab. (It’s only one stage.) To help a patient avoid relapse, your care team will work with you to have a plan in place so you can stay sober. That can include check-ins with the rehab, ongoing counseling and therapy, peer support meetings, and an invitation to join an alumni group.
Luxury residential addiction rehabs in Amarillo, TX, can offer all of the above but with lavish touches. Staying onsite for 30 or more days of rehab offers many advantages, too. They include:
- 24/7 expert care (even on nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Being free of temptations (in the form of people and places from your old life)
- Being among others who face similar struggles
Benefits of Luxury Inpatient Addiction Treatment
Rehabs share the goal of getting patients sober and teaching them to live without drugs or alcohol. Not every treatment facility is the same, however. Some rehabs might be more clinical in feel and appearance, while a luxury rehab might look more like a resort or vacation destination.
Luxury rehabs are also more likely to focus on comfort, with holistic care options, spa-like settings, high-end furnishings and bedding, chef-prepared meals, and more awaiting clients. The goals may be the same, but the experience will be far more sumptuous.
Some benefits of luxury addiction rehab centers include:
- Privacy. Everyone in rehab is entitled to privacy under Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) laws, but someone with a higher profile (like a celebrity, executive, politician, or athlete) might prefer a private room and more one-on-one therapy time. That also can free up more time for them to do some work on the side (so long as they complete their daily rehab schedule obligations).
- Comfort. Rehab in itself isn’t exactly a comfortable experience. Detox can include some horrendous withdrawal symptoms like nausea and vomiting. Therapy can go into some uncomfortable places, too. While you can’t throw a soft blanket on the psychological experience of it, all luxury rehabs can enhance patient comfort with nicer bedding, softer towels, and other plush touches.
- Customization. Luxury rehab can offer clients more choices for recovery, whether it’s more therapy options like holistic treatments, a dual diagnosis treatment track, or one-on-one sessions with a personal trainer. Consider it recovery al a carte.
- Variety. Luxury inpatient facilities tend to have more options for patients to enjoy. Chef-prepared meals, spa-like amenities, swimming pools, massage, and more await clients. Depending on the location, patients might be able to take in mountain views or oceanside vistas.
Opting to check into rehab is a huge decision, but luxury addiction treatment in Amarillo, TX, can make the process easier through evidence-based treatments administered in a healing and lavish environment.
amarillo.com – 18% of Amarillo Car Crashes Are from Distracted Driving. Here’s How You Can Stay Safe
newschannel10.com – Statistics Show Amarillo Has the Highest Rate of Fatal Car Wrecks Involving Alcohol Compared to Other Texas Cities Its Size
987thebomb.com – Amarillo’s Drug Problem: A Look at the Biggest Drug Busts in 2021
texastribune.org – Video: As more Texans die from fentanyl overdoes, advocates and experts urge harm reduction policies
sunshinebehavioralhealth.com – Texas Rehab Centers & Addiction Treatment
addiction.surgeongeneral.gov – Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health
sunshinebehavioralhealth.com – Learn About What Dual Diagnosis Treatment Programs Offer
A Message From Our CEO
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886