Santa Clarita Beach's Addiction Resource & Information Guide
Santa Clarita is one of the top three largest cities in Los Angeles County. As of July 2017, the population of the area was estimated to be more than 210,000 and the residents are predominantly white (76 %), along with a number of African-Americans, Hispanics, and Latinos also in the mix. With a poverty rate of just under 10% and a growing annual income rate, residents of Santa Clarita are better off compared to a large number of cities in the state.
The city also enjoys a reputation for being one of the safest in the county. For instance, the ratio of crime here is 1.89 per 1,000 residents. That figure is significantly lower compared to the average in California, which has an incidence rate of 4.45 per 1,000 population. Nevertheless, the presence of alcohol treatment centers Santa Clarita and drug rehab centers in Santa Clarita tell you that there’s a simmering problem underneath that is bubbling up at the surface.
Learn About the Most Commonly Abused Drugs in Santa Clarita, CA
In 2016, California recorded 2,012 overdose deaths attributed to illicit and prescription opioids. The figure translates to about 4.9 deaths for every 100,000 people. The good news is that it’s still lower than the national average of 13.3 deaths for every 100,000 people. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also noted that the drug overdose deaths in the state have plateaued since 2014.
Just like most cities in California, Santa Clarita is not immune to prescription opioids, heroin, meth, cocaine and crack cocaine, marijuana, and alcohol being abused by some of its residents and teens. This triggered a host of other social problems like crime, school absences, gangsterism, and the like. Rehab centers Santa Clarita are doing their part to stem the tide but, ultimately, this is a community problem that needs to be addressed by everybody.
You can also find AA meetings Santa Clarita and NA meetings in Santa Clarita if you feel the need the support of peers who understand what you are going through.
With Santa Clarita in California, you are always going to deal with methamphetamine because it’s very cheap and easy to produce. Most of the laboratories are located in Mexico, just outside the reach of the local authorities and they make their way to the streets of the state. Just recently, however, fentanyl found its way into the hands of drug dependents who are putting themselves at risk for an accidental overdose.
California drug rehabs are always eager to help dependents find a new lease on life as they leave behind their destructive habits.
Issues Specific to Substance Abuse in Santa Clarita, CA
In 2017, a 75-year-old grandmother was arrested after drug paraphernalia was found on her home. Police said that it’s being used as a haven for meth and heroin dependents. If you have septuagenarians selling drugs, then clearly the problem has become pervasive.
One drug that seems to be popular in Santa Clarita is Spice. This is used as an alternative to marijuana because it supposedly mimics the effects of THC. What makes it especially dangerous is that it’s laced with synthetic chemicals to enhance the effects. This is popular among students in schools because it doesn’t show up in traditional drug tests.
Another drug being abused, particularly in the Santa Clarita Valley, is Imodium. Large doses seem to mimic the effects of heroin. In the same vein, they are using this over-the-counter medicine to also alleviate the withdrawal symptoms. However, detox in Santa Clarita should be done under the supervision of a physician because of the inherent dangers in the process. A typical Santa Clarita treatment center will flush out all the toxins from your body in a safe environment.
Now is the time to seek help. Call us today.
Substance Abuse in Santa Clarita, CA Schools
In Santa Clarita, school administrators are struggling to create safe spaces for students who are constantly under pressure to refuse drugs and alcohol.
The 2017 Drug Use Patterns and Trends survey for the Los Angeles County revealed that 22% of the population engages in binge drinking, while marijuana is routinely abused by 8% of the population. Among the popular drugs in the county are cannabis, alcohol, inhalants, prescription painkillers, meth, heroin, and cocaine. This pattern of alcohol and drug misuse is repeated in Santa Clarita as well.
Binge drinking among college students, particularly young adults between 19 and 21 years old, is not uncommon since you can see the same pattern throughout campuses in the United States. Interestingly enough, the weekly prevalence of binge drinking is higher in women than in men.
Treatment Available in Santa Clarita, CA
Treatment centers in Santa Clarita adopt a number of well-established methods to help the patients achieve sobriety once they leave the safe confines of the rehab facilities, Santa Clarita.
Among the treatments you can expect are:
- Detox Programs: Medical detox Santa Clarita will help these addicted individuals prepare their bodies for the addiction treatment program. Detox programs are administered to remove the toxins accumulated in the patient’s body as a result of long-term substance abuse.
- 12 Step Rehab: For patients who are comfortable with the teachings popularized by the Alcoholics Anonymous, this treatment program is ideal. This program adheres to the belief that a higher powerful and omnipotent being can help the patient cope up with his addiction.
- Non-12-step Programs: For those who are not comfortable with the principles of 12 Step program, the non 12 step rehab treatment is more suitable for them. Here, instead of relying on the power of an omniscient entity, the patients are taught the principles of self-empowerment, responsibility, and will to help them cope up with the adverse effects of addiction.
- Dual diagnosis: This particular treatment program is best for patients who suffer from addiction and has also a co-occurring mental condition. During treatment, both conditions are being treated simultaneously.
- Luxury rehab in California: As the term suggests, luxury rehab offers more luxurious experience to the patient compared to ordinary treatment centers. Here, patients can enjoy sophisticated amenities and tools to help them feel more comfortable while working on their sobriety.
- Faith Rehab: Faith based treatments are ideal for addicted patients who feel like their addiction has diminished their spirituality. Here, they are guided, through religious principles, to cope up with their addiction and regain their weakened piety.
- There are also after-care services to help you cope when you finish the treatment program offered by Santa Clarita drug rehab centers. The after-care services include Alcoholics Anonymous Santa Clarita and Narcotics Anonymous Santa Clarita.
Payment for Substance Abuse Treatment in California
A typical drug and alcohol rehab in or near Santa Clarita can be expensive depending on what type of resources you have. Paying for the cost of treatment includes:
- Insurance: Addiction treatment facilities can help the patient confirm with their insurance firms what treatment is covered and how much will the firm pay for the entire treatment.
- Federal or state-sponsored programs: Indigent patients who can’t afford addiction rehab fees shouldn’t lose hope since the state also offers subsidies and grants to help qualified addiction center patients pay for their treatment.
- Church groups and charity organizations: Another way of seeking payment for rehab is to ask financial support from charities and church groups.
- Loan from your relatives and friends: If all the other steps are not possible, the patient can always turn to their loved ones for help.
- The California rehabilitation centers also have their own financial payment plans to help the alcohol and drug dependents with no insurance.Call a California drug rehab right now so you can determine your many options to get treatment for your addiction. There are so many ways to cover the cost but you need to have an open mind.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886