As a client nears the end of their treatment program with us, they may have loads of questions, in particular about what comes next:
- What happens when you leave treatment?
- How can you stay focused on recovery?
- Will I struggle alone, or will I have help?
- Will I need to stick to treatment long-term?
These questions — and many others — are perfectly normal. (And as far as we’re concerned, they show you care about your sobriety, which is a very good thing.) We’re happy to answer those questions as well as any others you have.
What is Aftercare? How is it Put Together?
Aftercare is a plan that helps people continue their recovery long after they leave rehab. It can dramatically improve your chances for a successful recovery, especially when compared to those who leave rehab without a plan for continued care.
As the end of your treatment program draws near, you’ll meet with your team to begin building an aftercare plan suited to your needs. This can include:
- 12-step meetings or 12-step alternatives
- Continued psychotherapy or counseling
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Referrals to care closer to home
- Regular check-ins with your Sunshine Behavioral Health team
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.