Drug and Alcohol Resources in Irving
Irving is a principal city in the state of Texas in Dallas County. It is also part of the city of Dallas itself and is actually considered to be its key suburb. The city’s mean population is hovering close to the quarter million mark, as of 2018 and it is the 13th most populated city in Texas. Irving is also part of the greater Dallas Fort Worth metroplex region.
Because of its close proximity to the Mexican border region, Irving is both the destination as well as a stepping stone for illicit drugs making their way across the border. As a matter of fact, just about every conceivable kind of controlled substance is easily available in Irving city as well as the Dallas country of the state of Texas. This is directly because of the nature of the different kinds of narcotic substances that are all but flowing freely across the border region. Unfortunately, this state of affairs has increased rather than decreased in the past few years, which means that there is a greater need for Irving treatment centers that have been specially constructed to help people recover from their addiction related problems.
Heroin related deaths in Irving as well as the state of Texas
- 371 heroin overdose deaths took place in the state of Texas in 2012. If we were to vector in the figures from 13 years back, we would be able to see that it is an almost 350 percent, since only 111 heroin related deaths took place in 1999
- 41 of these fatalities occurred in the main city Houston in 2013, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services
- According to this study performed, the prevalent cause of overdose deaths is heroine. However, in the African American community cocaine is the leading cause of overdoses.
However, due to the fact that Irving is the economic powerhouse of North Texas and the purchasing power of the people there is formidable, heroin addiction has come easily to many residents in this town, and they require extensive medical detox Irving.
As a matter of fact, the sheer volume of both controlled and even completely banned substances that are all too easily available in the city of Irving TX, have led to the steady proliferation of rehab centers in Irving in order to cater to the absolutely crucial needs of many if not most,such suffering patients who generally need treatment at rehabilitation facilities Irving TX, on a very high priority basis.
Apart from heroin and other hard drugs, the city of Irving, TX also continues to be a veritable magnet for different people who tend to deal in various controlled substances, such as MDMA, LSD, Fentanyl, Ecstasy and various other narcotics and hallucinogens. In fact, many such drugs and associated paraphernalia are quite often hidden in the upscale homes of dealers who live in such neighborhoods in Irving TX, while pretending to be ‘model’ citizens.
An over view of various drug over dose related deaths in Texas
Unfortunately, this ostensibly really easy availability of such lethal substances coupled with a wealthy and bored populace has led to many people overdosing on different illicit drugs and thereby becoming statistics since they were not able to reach drug rehab centers in Irving, in time. The OD fatality rate has been increasing in Texas as of late. The vast number of deaths that occur due to overdosing on such drugs are entirely preventable has the people opted for treatment at Irving drug rehab centers. As of now,Texas has registered an increase of approximately 7.4 percent in deaths due to drug OD related causes in the last few years alone. While it is certainly commendable that various deaths related to opium and morphine addictions have also gone down, but this decrease has been more than overshadowed by the steadily increasing number of otherwise deadly cases that generally occur due to overdosing on heroin, in not just Irving alone, but also many other major urban population centers of Texas.
Clearly, these statistics show that the problem requiring drug rehab in Irving is not stabilizing at all. On the contrary, such OD fatalities are increasing at a very high rate, all over the state. This is not surprising at all, since well over 10.1 percent of the population over 12 and above, has tried at least some sort of otherwise highly controlled substance all over the country. In fact, the“Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s” figures with respect to substance abuse are a shrill call for alarm and require the many detox centers in Irving and other cities all over the country to sit up and take notice.
Alcohol and other substance abuse in the State of Texas
Let us take a look at the narcotics and alcohol abuse statistics even as they apply all over the state:
- At least 2.2% of the state’s populace is grappling with the scourge of drug addiction on an almost day to day basis
- Unfortunately, of this huge figure under less than 5% drug and other narcotics addicts and
- Only a mere 6.4 % alcohol addicts are even in a position to go and seek the much needed help of narcotics anonymous Irving
The great importance of drug rehab centers Irving
In the long run, what this means is that drug rehab Irving is not even up for consideration amongst the vast majority of long suffering individuals who require extensive Irving drug rehab and treatment.There are a quite a few reasons for this sad state of affairs, especially in terms of rehab facilities Irving. When it comes to the chackling out of a clear and well thought out plan of action such as non 12 step rehab in Irving, many if not most, people in Irving are really worried about the absolutely terrible withdrawal symptoms, that they are convinced they will have to go through should they opt for detox in IrvingTX. And it is not just fearful addicts alone, but also their loved ones as well who are concerned about the various processes and procedures, not to mention the traditionally high cost of rehab centers Irving TX.
However, that does not mean that there are no Irving rehab facilitiesthat are also available for addicts who really want to utilize the myriad different services of such treatment centers in Irving.
Here, it is pertinent to note that this certainly does not mean that drug rehab Irving is always a really expensive preposition. On the contrary, while it true that there exist many facilities that offer luxury rehab in Irving for ‘well to do’ addicts, but apart from those, there are also many other Irving rehabilitation centers and facilities for people who are wary of spending money they can ill afford. Such drug rehab centers Irving as well as drug rehab Irvingco ,along with their alcohol treatment centers Irving counterparts offer tremendous value for money, when it comes to substance abuse treatment Irving.
Alcohol addiction in the city of Irving TX
Even though Irving is a fairly wealthy city, but nevertheless both adults as well as adolescents are seeking recourse to alcohol as a means of adding a bit of excitement in their lives. However, sometimes drinking leads to alcoholism as can be seen by the ever larger number of people at AA meetings Irving TX.
Luckily, alcohol treatment in Irving TX, is available and for those people who like to mix narcotics with their drinks, there is also the option of dual diagnosis rehab in Irving. And for post Irving rehab treatment, extensive sessions with narcotics anonymous Irving can help the addict recover completely. Apart from the above, the many alcohol treatment centers Irving as well as Irving drug rehab are also providing great services to the whole city, irrespective, of gendercaste, age, or creed.
The fact of the matter is that the both juvenile and also the youth populations are now increasingly taking up both hard and soft drugs because of the perceived glamour associated with such them. They too require substance abuse treatment Irving and there are special youth based sessions amongst the alcoholics anonymous Irving to tackle this problem. In fact, AA Irving and NA Irving are almost always on hand to help addicts and alcoholics recover completely, while rehabilitation facilities in Irvingalso make sure that there are no post rehab issues, as such.
Here, it is important to understand that the Irving aa meeting schedule is available on their website as well.
Substance abuse in educational facilities in Irving TX
Alcohol and hash are widely responsible for many narcotics related problems on college, varsity and even school campuses. And many such students also require medical detox Irvingas well as the services of Irvingrehabilitation centers in order to ensure their complete recovery. It is highly important that those attending college are given the assistance they need to recover and to handle the tough, ever changing environment college can bring. That is why locations such as the University of Dallas and North Lake College offer counseling and referral services for mental health and substance abuse.
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse in Irving, TX
There are various types of substance abuse treatment programs in drug rehab centers, TX. A few of them are discussed briefly below:
- Inpatient Treatment in Drug Rehab Centers in Texas: This can either be long-term or short-term. The former type of inpatient treatment in Irving drug rehab can last as short as 30 days to as long as 90, 120 days or more. The latter kind, best for a less severe addiction, can last as short as 3 weeks to 6 weeks. The bases for determination of the duration of inpatient treatment in drug rehab Irving are the severity of addiction, the unique needs of the patient, and the patient’s preference.
- Dual Diagnosis Rehab: Patients who are suffering from a mental condition and from addiction simultaneously are best treated in a dual diagnosis treatment facility. Treatments for both conditions are administered simultaneously to understand better the causes of his addiction.
- 12 Step Drug Rehab: This treatment program is ideal for patients who are comfortable with the teachings and principles of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). Teachings and treatment methods in 12 step drug rehab are patterned after AA principles.
- Non-12 step rehab: For those who are not comfortable with the tenets of AA, they can opt for non-12-step treatment programs where the individual’s overall well-being is the main focus. Activities like massage, yoga, meditation, and art are made part of non-12-step treatment.
- Luxury Rehab in Texas: Luxury rehab offers a more luxurious experience to those admitting themselves into rehab. These types of centers offer better facilities and amenities compared to other types of rehab.
- Medical Detox: The main goal of detoxification is to flush out toxins and chemicals from the body to make the individual ready for treatment. Here, the patient might be prescribed with medication to help them cope with the adverse effects of withdrawal from illicit substances.
- SMART Recovery Meetings: There are also a program Self-Management and Recovery Training or SMART Recovery Meetings in Irving that can help recovering addicts. The basic concept of the smart program is that it should work in close concert with many Irving drug rehab centers to make sure that the recovering addict as well as his friends and family will become part of drug rehab Irving,so that there is no chance of a potential relapse.
Other types of aftercare treatment in rehab in Irving are the following:
Paying for Drug Rehab Irving
The cost of drug rehab Irving can seem like a difficult decision to make. The cost can cause some struggling with addiction to give up hope on recovery. However, there are many options when it comes to paying for Irving rehabilitation centers. One way is to work with your family and friends to get a loan to cover the coast. Others choose to use private or employer health insurance plans to pay for rehab. Still others find that the rehab center will offer payment plans, government assistance plans, or savings that are set aside. Whatever your route, know that help is just a phone call away and that you can find yourself on the road to living a sober life.