Longview City is the seat of Gregg County in Texas and is the 45th largest city in the south-central state. The United States Census Bureau estimates that the city that is famous for the Multicultural Festival and the Great Texas Balloon Race had a population of 81,522 in 2017. However, similar to other parts of Texas, substance abuse is posing risks to the people of Longview.
The data is alarming and people suffering from substance abuse need substance abuse treatment in Longview to help them cope with drug addiction. The national figure of deaths due to a drug overdose was 63,632 in 2016. Texas was among the states identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention with a statistically significant difference of drug overdose fatalities recorded between 2015 to 2016. In Gregg county alone, there was a recorded number of 23 drug overdose deaths already in 2018.
Rehabilitation facilities in Longview, Texas saw the impact of the counties recorded drug overdose-related deaths in those years. Texas is listed in the number 37th spot of states which have the biggest drug number. The opioid crisis is costing Texas $20 billion annually.
Commonly Abused Drugs in Longview, TX
The use of illicit substances like cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine is taking its toll on families and the government. But among these substances, methamphetamine is making a mark on the lives of persons with substance addiction. In 2017, Gregg County judge Tim Womack revealed in a report, that methamphetamine is the “No.1” reason why parents are neglecting their children in Gregg County. Womack said about 80 percent of the cases he handled in 2017 regarding custody of children, had a parent or both using methamphetamine. In the national statistics, the use of methamphetamine is still one of the choices because of its stimulating effects. Alcohol is also one of the most abused substances in Longview, TX, and those who are suffering from alcohol abuse and drug addiction should seek immediate treatment in drug rehab centers in Longview and alcohol treatment centers in Longview.
College Students Substance Abuse in Texas
While amphetamines are the top choice of illicit substance use among adults, marijuana is the leading substance of choice among college students in Region 4, where Longview City belongs to. The 2018 Regional Needs Assessment created by the Prevention Resource Center also bared that young clients also received state treatment for alcohol use, alcohol with a secondary drug, heroin, other opiates, cocaine, amphetamines, other stimulants, tranquilizers, sedatives, and hallucinogens, among others. Aside from receiving treatment from state facilities, more youth are also flocking Longview drug rehab centers to help them cope with drug addiction and mental health disorder, which might result from or co-occur with substance addiction. If needed, students may have access to rehab in other cities, such as a Laredo rehabilitation center.
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse Longview rehab facilities
Treatment centers in Longview City offer people struggling with drug and alcohol abuse proper medical intervention and holistic treatment for recovery. There are various treatment programs that suit a patient’s condition in a drug rehab in Longview and an alcohol rehab in Longview. If your desired type of treatment is not available in Longview, consider seeking out the details of a rehab in El Paso, Texas. The important thing people get when seeking treatment from rehabs in Longview is they get the kind of rehab in Longview which meets their needs.
Here are some of the programs provided in rehab centers in Longview:
- Detox program – The process of detox in Longview is the first step in many treatment options. Almost all rehab facilities in Longview also have medical detox Longview. Patients need to detoxify their body in detox center Longview to rid it of harmful toxins from taking in illicit substances.
- Medical detox – It is best to get a medical detox in a drug rehab in Longview, TX, as this procedure is facilitated by a medical professional to help the patient manage the painful symptoms of alcohol or drug withdrawal.
- 12 Step Program– A lot of substance abuse disorder patients get help from 12 step programs such as those followed by Alcoholics Anonymous Longview (AA Longview) and Narcotics Anonymous Longview (NA Longview). Longview AA meetings and NA meetings in Longview help patients to stay focused and motivated to finish the treatment through the 12-step guide. Patients may find a Longview AA meeting schedule in their locality or ask the rehab center Longview if they have similar therapeutic sessions.
- Non 12 Step program – Since not all patients prefer the 12-step program, there are also non-12 step rehab in Longview offered by a Longview treatment center. These often include TMS therapy, individual or group therapy, or SMART Recovery Meetings in Longview.
- Dual Diagnosis Rehab – A dual diagnosis rehab in Longview assists patients with co-occurring substance use disorder and mental health problems such as depression, PTSD, or schizophrenia.
- Luxury rehab – A luxury rehab in Longview offers a more calming environment with high-end amenities. This type of treatment is for those who want to get an executive type of treatment.
Faith Rehab: If your drug abuse has led you away from your faith, you may wish to go back to being more spiritually aware during your recovery from addiction. This is where a Faith drug rehab can be helpful.
How Do You Pay for Treatment in a Texas Drug Rehab?
If you are in Texas and require admittance to drug and alcohol rehab, there are various options available to pay for the treatment. Paying for rehab may be different in other centers, such as a Terlingua, Texas, rehab center, so be sure to compare your options. Some of the more common options for paying for rehab include the following:
- Health insurance: We work with major insurance providers in the United States, including Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Humana. You need to confirm that your coverage includes substance abuse disorders before enrolling into the program at the drug rehab centers in Texas. If you prefer, our insurance team are ready to talk with your insurance company and provide a no-obligation verification process at no charge when considering enrolling into our rehabilitation facilities in Texas.
- SAMHSA: The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) helps with grants, in case you don’t have insurance coverage to pay for the programs such as rehab and detox. Check on their site to see if you qualify for the grants before you get into the appropriate program for drug rehab in or near Longview.
Third-Party Loan: The expert team from the drug rehab centers will help check your options for securing third-party private loans. These will depend on your credit score and your repayment capability, and if you qualify, it can make for a viable source of financing your treatment. You can also raise funds from family, friends, or dip into your savings to ensure that the recovery at rehab centers in or near Longview successfully happens. Talk to our counselors at our Texas rehab facility to assess your treatment and funding options. If you think that traveling to Texas then give us a call and find out more about Willow Springs Recovery, our addiction treatment facilities in Texas.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.